Welcome back to Balch Springs Christian Academy.
All new students and students in K4 through 5th grade are required to attend orientation, which will be Saturday, August 5, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
The 2023-2024 school year will begin on Monday, August 7, 2023.
The administration has made the following changes. This information replaces the previous “Welcome Back” letter.
Even though the attorney general of the State of Texas, Ken Paxton, has issued the ruling that private religious schools are not governed by any local, county, or state mandates concerning schools, the administration of B.S.C.A. will use wisdom to keep all students, faculty, and staff safe.
1. 7th - 10th grade students will be in a coed P.E. class. Students are not required to dress out for P.E.
2. Face coverings are optional.
3. Ninth through twelfth grade students must bring a wi-fi capable laptop computer to school. Each day, the laptop must be taken home with the student. Students must have either a Microsoft account or a Google account.
4. PLEASE PROVIDE AN EMERGENCY CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, in case a student becomes ill at school.
5. Please keep the office informed if the student or household members are exposed to COVID-19.
6. If a student in kindergarten through fifth grade needs to stay at home for an extended period of time, the work will be sent home on a weekly basis and the parent is responsible for monitoring the work and returning it to school each week. The parent must send a letter informing BSCA that the student will be staying home for distance learning and stating the dates. TUITION MUST BE PAID ON TIME DURING THIS EXTENDED DISTANCE LEARNING.
7. All conferences with the faculty and administration will be done by phone or text if at all possible.
8. All grade reports will be sent home with the student until further notice. Please be sure that your family has a school calendar and that you look for the dates that the 3-week reports, 6-week reports, and the report cards will be sent home so you will know exactly when to expect the reports. The date that reports are sent home will not be affected by the later class start date.
9. Please do not walk any student into the building. Drop off K-4 through second grade students at the beginning of the ramp outside the portable classrooms. Third through fifth grade students must enter the building through the office door.
10. The administration may change these rules as the need arises. Parents will be notified if changes do occur.